Wednesday, March 19, 2008

GRANNY B

I would just like to introduce my loving grandmother to the stage! I brought her into the studio to take some candid shots to make a montage that I thought turned out pretty well. I just sat her down and asked her to "Tell Her Story", so to speak. And boy did she ever. We plan on surprising some lucky folks with 8x10's in the mail. So if your one of the lucky ones to receive the images...shhhh... don't let her know you have already seen them via the Internet!! Our little secret...

Edith Begley was born in Chavies, Ky in 1923. At the age of 19 she was married to a Mr. Daniel Boone Begley. Edith had 4 children...Sara Jayne, Samuel Ernest, Elizabeth Ann, and Nina Lynn. I asked her who her favorite sibling was, and of course, she talked highly of all of them.
In 1966 she decided to pack her things and move to Scott Co. Indiana...I asked her why she moved here and she said...She wanted to be closer to her brother Daily "Dale" Mullins. And a little spat with her mother. We don't need to talk about that...

One last note: Edith is 85 years young and going to school 4 days a week at the Life Long Learning Center to earn her GED. She has recently taken the test and won't know for a few weeks yet whether she has passed or not. I would just like to wish her luck and we love you GRANNY B!





Here is Granny B with my one and only Macy Baker...

No comments: